Thank you again to MagCanica Inc. for helping sponsor the 2015 car and team!
Here’s a little bit about the company from their website:
MagCanica, Inc. designs, develops, and manufactures wireless torque sensors and rate-of-change-of-torque (ROC) sensors for high performance applications such as automotive racing powertrains, and turboshaft engines and associated rotorcraft transmissions. MagCanica is a product-focused technology company formed in early 2000 with offices in San Diego, CA and Pittsfield, MA.
MagCanica’s core competencies lie primarily in the following areas of technology development and low-volume manufacturing:
- Torque, ROC, speed, and power measurement on rotating machinery
- Magnetoelastics and characterization of magnetic properties of industrial steels
- Torque sensor packaging for harsh environments such as high temperature, vibration, or EMI
- Signal conditioning circuit and processor design
- Mechatronics and systems integration involving concurrent mechanical, magnetic, and electronic design
- Analysis of dynamic torque and ROC data on automotive , aerospace, and industrial powertrains